Set up Google Home
Sorex SmartLock: Activate Google Home
- Before you can use the lock with Google Home, you must turn on the option in the lock's settings. Therefore, in the Sorex SmartLock – app go to "Google Home" and activate "Remote opening".
- Then set a code under "Security code". This code will be requested later when opening a lock via voice command.
Note: The security code must be at least 4 digits long.
Google Home: Add lock
- Login with your Google account or sign up in the Google Home – app.
- To add smart locks to Google Home, first click on the (+) – icon on the top left corner on the home screen. Afterwards click on “Set up a device” and “Works with Google”.
- Now search for the extension “ScienerSmart” and add it.
- A login window will appear where you can login with the same access data as in your Sorex Smart Lock – app. Your account will now be linked to the Google Home application.
- All smart locks which are compatible with Google Home can now be seen on the home screen under “Linked to you”.
- The lock can now be unlocked with all connected Google Home – devices or trough voice commands on the Google Assistant – app.
Google Home: Open lock with voice control
- In order to unlock the smart lock with voice control, Google – Assistant has to be activated. Afterwards a command like “Open the bedroom” can be said. Then confirm with the security code you have configured in the Sorex SmartLock – app.
- The lock will now be opened.
Note: To lock the “bedroom” by voice command, simply say “Lock the bedroom” and confirm with the security code.
Article is closed for comments.